How to cut a Calypso® Mango
Cutting a Calypso® Mango is easy once you know how! The “hedgehog” is the best way to create cubes of Calypso® Mango, ready for you to use in your favourite recipe or eat fresh – yum!
- Stand your Calypso® Mango on its “beak” end, with the stem facing you. The flat edges of the seed run in line with the widest part of the mango, with a cheek either side.
- Position your knife just to the side of the stem and cut straight down from top to bottom. Your knife will skim past the seed.
- Cut a criss-cross pattern in the flesh of the cheek, being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Holding the cheek with the criss-cross pattern up, gently push the skin upwards, as if you were turning the cheek inside out.
- Your “hedgehog” is now ready… to remove the cubes from the skin, gently slide your knife under each cube to slide them off.